The most complete animation software.
Toon Boom® Animate Pro™ is the best software for doing cut-out style animation. Take your animation to the next level by building better character rigs,
and animate using forward kinematics, inverse kinematics, and deform. Take advantage of the library of special effects to jazz up your animation. Get up
to speed in no time by watching the full set of free online video tutorials.
Real Media Tools
- Superior drawing tools, including Brush, Pencil, and Paint tools
- NEW: Brush lines with texture for doing rough drawings
- NEW: Pencil lines with variable thickness and texture support for nice, clean lines
- NEW: Save presets of tools you reuse often to streamline your workflow
- Convenient text tool
- Fast colouring using palettes
- Fine-tune colour ambiance using palette cloning
- Paint multiple frames quickly and easily using advanced paint options
- NEW: Ink tool for inking coloured pencil lines
- Draw invisible lines to paint in boundaries
- Paint with gradients and textures for different looks
- Create character rigs with a real hierarchy on the Timeline
- Add as many drawings as needed for mouths, hands, etc.
- See drawings added to the library automatically when new drawings are created
- Use the integrated compositing view to make sophisticated characters with masking
- NEW: Take your characters to the next level by adding Bone Deformers
- NEW: Animate characters with texture, and bend the artwork in real time
- Save your character rigs in an easy-to-reuse Library structure to access them in other projects
- Comfortable drawing position with the rotary light table, rotating canvas and onion skin
- Smooth character motion using forward and inverse kinematics
- Sophisticated morphing
- Save frequently-used animations in the library for quick reuse
- Automated lip-sync
- IMPROVED: Live sync of Xsheet and Timeline
- Add ease simply and effectively
- Added TWAIN support for scanning
- Ability to import still images from Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, and more!
- Import SWF and QuickTime movie files
- Integrated real-time camera
- Impressive depth movement on Z-axis
- Rotate 2D elements in all 3 axes
- Powerful motion path settings
- Efficient ease and velocity settings
- Full library of effects to use in the integrated node-based compositing
- Richer looking FX with Photoshop-style blending modes
- Combine different effects together for cool looks!
- Use of effects like masking, shadows, and highlights on cut-out characters
- Export still image sequences (PNG, TGA, PSD, and more)
- Export movies as Flash (SWF) and movie (QuickTime)
- Bring your characters to the next level by adding bone-style deformers.
- Bend drawings around bones and articulations.
- Apply deform to vector drawings, textures, or imported bitmaps.
- Define regions of influence to fine-tune your rigs.
- Apply the rig to multiple drawings, and still swap out drawings and animate in Z-depth over time.
- Draw directly in the software with a pencil line that supports pressure sensitivity.
- Modify the position, length, or thickness information on a line after you draw it.
- Copy and paste the style from one line to another.
- Separate lines from colour fills for interesting effects on cut-out characters.
- Incorporate texture on your lines for cool effects like charcoal, chalk, and many more.
- Import your own textures from Photoshop and apply them to the line style.
- Use standard two-finger gestures
- Supports zooming, rotating, and scaling of the canvas
- Take advantage of the new 64-bit core technology.
- Use as much memory as your machine allows.
- Import images without memory limitations.
- Export hi-res images and movies for professional results.
Tool Presets Toolbar
- Save tool properties that you frequently use.
- Quickly jump to brushes, pencils, paint buckets, and other tools.
- Save the colour along with the properties of the tool.
- Use your own custom icon on the toolbar if desired.
- Autosave, specifying the time interval.
- New user interface for Brush and Pencil tool properties.
- Ability to drag and drop keyframes, drawings, or both on the Timeline.
- Improvements to the Annotation columns in the Xsheet to sketch notes.
- Ability to export different resolutions directly from Export Movie.
- Performance enhancements.
- ...and more!