We are a full-service studio, based in Montreal with clients and collaborators around the world. We aim to promote quality, creativity and teamwork in each project we undertake to ensure excellence and satisfaction of our clients, partners and artists. The values anchored in our DNA are creativity, pleasure, respect, trust and collaboration. We are looking for talented and collaborative FX animators to work with our team. The FX animator will create high quality character animation while simultaneously meeting TV Animation production deadlines. We are looking for a professional who is efficient, a team player and open to adapt to creative and technical requests while still maintaining a high level of execution in a fast-paced environment. This ideal candidate will have the perfect blend of creative and technical expertise working on highly creative projects from start to end.
Skills in traditional 2D visual effects animation
• Understanding of the physical principles of animation specific to the title (gravity, weight of the material, etc.)
• Know how to take inspiration from reality while respecting the designs provided
• Ability to adapt to different graphic styles
• Good understanding of the principles of perspective
• Ability to effectively transmit your vision of an effect to the animation director at the rough stage. To be able to bring your effect to completion (A to Z)
• Knowledge in compositing on Harmony Premium (FX nodes, cutters, etc.)
• Make your work (node view) organized and easy to use by the compositing team that receives our scenes.
• Experience in 2D FX Other requirements
• Good knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony Premium Software
• Know how to communicate adequately within a team
• Have a desire to share knowledge with other team members to raise our standards
• Accept constructive feedback
• Know how to use all the resources provided by the client and respect his vision (animatic, design references, animation style, intentions, etc.)