Job Connections - View Job Opportunities
We are recruiting for the role of Character Rigger.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and the following skills and characteristics: Responsibilities:
- The Character Rigger will work to a brief provided by the Production Management Team.
- A Brief will be provided on a per episode basis and will contain a list of Characters and reference necessary to create the Character rigs. Reasonable deadline dates will also be included with the brief.
- Any difficulties in understanding the requirements of the brief must be reported as soon as possible.
- All work must be submitted to the Character rigging team lead for approval. Amendments or revisions may be required which will be factored into subsequent briefs.
- The Art Directors opinion will be final in all matters of artistic judgement and the Character Rigger must acknowledge this and agree to follow the artistic instructions.
- Working under the direction of the Rigging Team Leads it is the Character Rigger's job to build and revise the requested style of Character builds for 2D animation in Toon Boom Harmony. Recreating props in proportion and on model in Toon Boom from the reference images provided via the brief. The rigger must be capable of Innovating solutions and troubleshooting to adapt builds to meet the needs of the animation and compositing teams.
- The Character Rigger is responsible for all naming conventions of their files and Palettes within the files they create.
- The Character Rigger must be able to work within tight deadlines, meeting assigned weekly quotas and expectations and will be required to make up personally for any time lost due to not following the design brief correctly.
- At least 1 years’ experience using Toonboom Harmony.
- Excellent communication skills
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Must be open to direction
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks at the same time.
If you think you fit the description above please forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to put “Character Rigger” in the subject line.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
Boulder Media is an equal opportunities employer.
- Toon Boom Harmony