Job Connections - View Job Opportunities
Reporting to the 2D Pipeline Manager, this role will work to develop the platform (Toon Boom Harmony – TBH) and tracking system (Shot Gun) This person will assist the Pipeline Manager to define work practices to be used across Boulder Media’s 2D Platform and tracking systems (TBH / Shotgun)
Work with the Pipeline Manager to continually identify ways to improve and automate using both the 2D platform and 2D production tracking system (Shot Gun) and where required, translate pipeline requirements into specifications for the scripters to work on.
- Develop an in-house TBH knowledge resource to enable TBH users across all Boulder Media departments to share knowledge and mutually develop solutions and innovations to TBH production challenges as they arise.
- Work with the Training Manager (when appropriate) to ensure new training content is uploaded to the central training repository.
- Work closely with all crew to oversee the development, maintenance and optimisation of tools used in production.
- Liaise with the department leads, advise best practice and procedures across multiple projects based upon collated knowledge of all projects and feedback from all departments, including improvements to Animation and Rigging techniques.
- Work with the Pipeline Manager to ensure the most efficient use of 2d platform/tracking systems. Ensure all crew have the tools to optimise their usage of the 2D systems.
- Work to improve the platform to user requirement specifications set out by the pipeline manager and communicate these to the in-house scripter(s). Verify and test functionality and feedback user comments (refine development if needed)
- Work with the Pipeline Manager and production tracking specialist scripter (shotgun contractor) to implement customisation of the tracking system
- Work with the Pipeline Manager to develop the tracking system to ensure standardisation of tracking systems across all 2D pipelines.
- You will be required to develop your own knowledge, skills and techniques progress in relation to TBH.
- You will be required to develop your knowledge and skill level on Shot Gun
- Provide regular updates, reports and / or reviews as required;
- Oversee TBH file management and ensure that all folders and files are organised optimally. Where needed, work with the Pipeline Manager where breaches / non-compliance occurs to ensure procedure is followed.
Ensure that all TBH naming conventions are set up.
Contact: Eilis Mernagh to be reached at : firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will have a clear understanding of the program Toon Boom Harmony which will allow you support the overall needs of production pipeline and toolsets.
- 5 years’ experience in episodic animation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good 2D technical knowledge.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Highly organised and methodical
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in animation production or other media related pipelines a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of industry standard tools (After Effects, Shotgun, Photoshop) desirable.
Ensure you remain current up to date on the latest software versions and ensure you have all the latest information concerning Asset Management for TBH production
You must adhere to terms contained within your contract and follow Company Policies and Procedures as set out in your employee handbook
Help with training over the 2D platforms over various productions.
Have an overview of various productions, foresee any issues that might arise, and find help find a solution towards those problems.
Managing the needs of the studio and prioritising scripts that are needed and working with the Pipeline manager to ensure optimal efficiency is met.
Please maintain a clean and tidy workstation
Please notify management of any problems that may affect your work or position in the company
Your job description may change from time to time as needed
- Toon Boom Harmony