Knowledge BaseFind your solution by searching our articles or browsing by category below.
Upgrading from Animate version 1 to Animate 2
- Existing customers who upgrade to Animate 2 will receive a copy of Animate 2 and a 15-Day Product Code. This will allow the customer to use Animate 2 immediately.
- This Product Code must be entered in the Product Code field of the Toon Boom Activation Wizard.
- To receive a permanent Animate 2 Product Code, the customer MUST return the Animate version 1 Product Code to Toon Boom through the Activation Wizard.
- Once you have returned the Product Code through the Activation Wizard, do the following:
- Send email to email@example.com (open 9-5 Mon-Fri EST)
- The email subject line must be: Animate 1 License Return
- Copy the Animate 1 Product Code exactly into the body of the email
- After Toon Boom has verified that the correct Product Code has been returned the customer will receive a permanent Animate 2 Product Code.
- This Product Code must be entered in the Product Code field of the Animate 2 Toon Boom Activation Wizard.
NOTE: The 15-Day Product Code will expire 15 calendar days after it is activated. Commencing 5 days before expiration, the customer will receive a message warning that the license is about to expire. When the license expires the software will automatically pick up the permanent Animate 2 license and continue to function.
If the Animate version 1 Product Code is not returned before the expiration date and the new Animate 2 Product Code is not activated the following will happen:
- The wizard will appear requesting the new license
- The customer will be locked-out of Animate 2 until the Animate version 1 Product Code is returned.
- At this point Toon Boom will verify that the correct Animate version 1 Product Code has been returned and the customer will receive a permanent Animate 2 Product Code. This must be entered into the Product Code field of the Animate 2 Toon Boom Activation Wizard.
Mac OS X (all)
Animate Pro (all)