Knowledge BaseFind your solution by searching our articles or browsing by category below.
Slow Performance using bitmaps and textures in Toon Boom Studio
To resolve slow performance issues using bitmaps and textures, you must first ask yourself these questions:
- Do you experience slow performance in your Toon Boom Studio projects?
- Do these projects contain a large number of imported bitmaps or vectorized elements/textures?
If the answer to both of these is YES, this performance issue can be resolved in the software preferences.
- Locate the Textures & Images slider in the Display tab of the Preferences, this is found by:
- PC: Edit > Preferences
- Mac: Toon Boom Studio v4.5 > Preferences
- Note: if you have a version other than v4.5, replace the v4.5 with your version.
- In the Textures & Images, change the slider from “Better Quality” to “Faster Display”.
- The more you move the slider towards “Faster Display” the better the performance will be. However, this will affect the quality of the images you see in the scene.
- Note: This option does not affect the final output of your project, so even if it is set to “Faster Display” your final movie will still have full quality images displayed.
Mac OS X (all)