Knowledge BaseFind your solution by searching our articles or browsing by category below.
Bamboo Pen: stroke offset in mouse mode
Bamboo Pen tablet (driver 5.2.0-7a) on Windows Vista:
Mouse mode causes offset in pen strokes.
Some things to consider/take a look at:
- Tablet profile
- Display settings
- Tablet drivers are too old
- Tablet drivers conflict each others if you have more than one tablet connected or installed on that machine.
- Defected hardware or Cintiq
- Video card driver is outdated
Here is the procedure to troubleshoot what causes the offset:
- Close Toon Boom application
- If you have more than one monitor, set only one monitor (disconnect second one) for the test purpose).
If you have Cintiq, make Cintiq as primary display.
- Uninstalling any Wacom driver on the system.
- Reboot the machine to reset the profile (very important)
- Once it is rebooted, go to Wacom site and download the latest driver and install.
Remain display setting as one display and also using one Wacom tablet or Cintiq only.
- Once it is installed, check the calibration on natural display to make sure the pen point can access to all the edges of the screen.
- Open Toon Boom product and check if it still offset.
- If still has an offset, update video card driver and repeat step 7.
- If not, add extra monitor and continue checking if it is related to the display setting.