Application performance issue when no printer is connected on Mac OS
To prevent the Toon Boom software closing unexpectedly after launching it on Mac OS 10.6.3 YOU MUST HAVE A PRINTER CONFIGURED on your machine.
So you must either, physically connect a printer or install a virtual one.
How to Configure a Virtual Printer:
If you do not have a physical printer connected to your computer you can configure a virtual one, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Apple top menu and access System Preferences.
- Access the Print and Fax section from the System Preferences.
- Press the [+] button at the bottom left of the device list (white section on the left).
If you don't have access to the button, you may first need to unlock the options by clicking on the lock icon and login with a local administrator account.
- From the top of the new Add Printer window, make sure you are in the IP section. Then in the Protocol drop-down list select "Internet Printing Protocol - IPP".
- In the Address field, type the following address: 127.0.0.1 (this IP should be redirecting your own machine IP, no actual external connection will be done).
- The computer will resolve the link, this may take some time (less than a minute). Once it is done you should gain access to the Add button.
- After pressing the Add button you will get Installable Options for the IP printer.
- Press Continue without checking anything and once this is done you should be good to go.
- Close the Print & Fax window and open your Toon Boom software to confirm everything is fine.
Publish date: June 6, 2012
Category: Software Issues
- Mac OS X (all)