Tip of the Week - Rigging a Head
Montreal, Canada - July 26, 2013
In the latest installment of our Tip of the Week series of Animation tutorials our resident expert and Professional Product Manager, Lilly Vogelesang, will walk you through the best and most efficient way to Rig a Character’s Head in our professional software. This process will work equally well in Toon Boom Animate Pro and Harmony.
So get comfortable, watch the video and learn how to experience a better way to more efficient and satisfying animation, with our Tip of the Week.
There are two videos:-
Rigging a Head in Animate Pro or Harmony – Part 1
In the first video which lasts around eleven minutes, Lilly will discuss:- Digitizing a traditional process; How to prepare your Artwork and correct labelling of layers; She will then go on to discuss how to adding pegs; You will find out about ordering the network; Learn about how to gather all of the facial features under a peg; This is followed by Rigging the Eyes; Lilly will then take a look at Using a Composite to group elements together; and finally, adding a Colour Override to isolate the skin colour.
Rigging a Head in Animate Pro or Harmony – Part 2
In the second part which lasts 10 minutes and 48 seconds, Lilly will continue by explaining How you can check the effect with the Display module; How to add a Master Peg to animate; She will then go on to discuss Animating the Head; You will find out about using the Peg Selection mode; As the video continues you will learn about Adjusting the Hairline and animating the hair; Converting pencil lines to brush lines for the Cutter effect; and finally, you will learn about Animating the eyes in perspective.
More Animation Resources from Toon Boom
When you have watched our latest Tips of the Week we have much more for you to learn about. Make use of these great animation resources to become the very best.
Visit our Toon Boom Tips Channel on YouTube and watch all of the Tips of the Week.
Become a better animator by visiting our Toon Boom Professional Animating Resources:
- Producing a 3DStereoscopic Project – Turn your project into a 3D Stereoscopic animation. Instructions and material.
- Templates – Professional-quality templates for Animate, Animate Pro and Harmony, everything from Sunrises to Particle Effects.
- Video Tutorials – Expert animation tutorials to help you begin and then progress to the highest level of animation expertise.
- Community Video Tutorials - These in-depth animation tutorials are created by some of Toom Boom’s industry power users.
- Visit our User Forums - We answer your questions. Work with other users and our experts to get answers to your animation and storyboarding questions.