Tip of the Week - Rigging a Sleeve
Montreal, Canada - June 15, 2012
In the latest installment of our Tip of the Week series of Animation tutorials our resident expert and Professional Product Manager, Lilly Vogelesang, will walk you through how to animate a sleeve on a piece of clothing.
There are two videos included in this tip.
So get comfortable, watch the videos and learn how to experience a better way to more efficient and satisfying animation, with our Tip of the Week.
The 11 minute video builds on the previous two tips of the week which dealt with the use of elbow folds. This week’s video explains the way in which a sleeve can be rigged to move up and down on a character’s arm. You could use this if, for example, you want the character to pull up a sleeve or if you want the sleeve to ride up the arm when the character raises the arm over its head.
Lilly begins by introducing the topic and how it builds on the technique used in the How to make Elbow Folds tutorial; she then discusses the artwork necessary for the sleeve; how to use LineArt and Colour Art sublayers to isolate parts of a drawing. Following this she explains how in Animate Pro or Harmony you can deconstruct the Network View; finallyhow to make use of the Matte Resize module to fix antialiasing ghost lines.
The second of these videos is 9 minutes long.
Lilly continues from Part 1 by demonstrating how you can work with coloured lines; this is followed by an explanation of how to make a downward facing sleeve and an upward facing sleeve and the differences between them.
More Animation Resources from Toon Boom
When you have watched our latest Tips of the Week, we have much more for you to learn about. Make use of these great animation resources to become the very best.
Visit our Toon Boom Tips Channel on YouTube and watch all of the Tips of the Week.
Become a better animator by visiting our Toon Boom Professional Animating Resources:
- Producing a 3DStereoscopic Project – Turn your project into a 3D Stereoscopic animation. Instructions and material.
- Templates – Professional-quality templates for Animate, Animate Pro and Harmony, everything from Sunrises to Particle Effects.
- Video Tutorials – Expert animation tutorials to help you begin and then progress to the highest level of animation expertise.
- Community Video Tutorials - These in-depth animation tutorials are created by some of Toom Boom’s industry power users.
- Visit our User Forums - We answer your questions. Work with other users and our experts to get answers to your animation and storyboarding questions.
- Find out how Toon Boom’s professional animation and storyboarding products can help you.