Tip of the Week - Working in 3D Space
Montreal, Canada - September 25, 2012
In the latest installment of our Tip of the Week series of Animation tutorials our resident expert and Professional Product Manager, Lilly Vogelesang, will explain how to Work in a 3D Space in Storyboard Pro 3 D, Animate Pro and Harmony.
Part 1 is 12 minutes long. Lilly shows how to set up a 3D space in Toon Boom Storyboard Pro3D. She continues by explaining the concept of the Multiplane aspect of a 3D Space. This is followed by a brief explanation of how you can use Brush presets. Next, we move on to Enabling 3D on your Scene and the Transform tool. She then demonstrates the feature in use by rotating the Stage and moving the scene in a 3D space. Then you find out how to use the Camera view. Next, she shows how to Add a Camera move to see the multiplane in action. Using the Transform tool to Rotate the layers along the X-Axis is shown. It is possible to integrate 3D models into the scene and Lilly shows how easily this is done and how the 3D model can be animated over time. she concludes by explaining how by planning using a 3D storyboard you can save time when you move to Animate Pro or Harmony.
So get comfortable, watch the video and learn how to experience a better way to more efficient and satisfying animation, with our Tip of the Week.
More Animation Resources from Toon Boom
When you have watched our latest Tips of the Week, we have much more for you to learn about. Make use of these great animation resources to become the very best.
Visit our Toon Boom Tips Channel on YouTube and watch all of the Tips of the Week.
Become a better animator by visiting our Toon Boom Professional Animating Resources:
- Producing a 3DStereoscopic Project – Turn your project into a 3D Stereoscopic animation. Instructions and material.
- Templates – Professional-quality templates for Animate, Animate Pro and Harmony, everything from Sunrises to Particle Effects.
- Video Tutorials – Expert animation tutorials to help you begin and then progress to the highest level of animation expertise.
- Community Video Tutorials - These in-depth animation tutorials are created by some of Toon Boom’s industry power users.
- Visit our User Forums - We answer your questions. Work with other users and our experts to get answers to your animation and storyboarding questions.